COTA ACT delivers information and services across the community a number of ways.
Seniors Information Service
Our Seniors Information Service is an ACT wide service that can provide information and referral on a range of areas relating to older people. When you contact the service you will speak to a real person. More information on the Seniors Information Service.
Pop-up Outreach Services
COTA ACT’s outreach services can provide one off, or regular aspects of a number of our programs and services in different areas of the community.
Some of the programs that can be offered as outreach include:
- Seniors Information Service
- Get IT Digital Technology Program
- housing and aged care advice
- Seniors Card program
If you are interested in setting up a COTA outreach service contact our office on 02 6282 3777 or email@example.com.
We are also regularly out at ACT Libraries, with our staff providing support on a range of issues. Read more.
COTA ACT is currently delivering a series of information seminars through our Midweek Matters program. Read more about the talks, including upcoming seminars on our Midweek Matters page.
COTA ACT offers guest speakers to talk to groups on issues that are relevant to people over the age of 50.
A COTA ACT speaker can come out to your group and provide you with information about:
- What we do
- Housing options (including staying in your own home)
- Navigating the aged care system
- Seniors Cards and discounts
- Upcoming events
- and more!
COTA ACT has partnered with a number of organisations to provide expert services out of our office at the Hughes Community Centre.
- Tax Help with the Australian Taxation Office (seasonal)
- Financial assistance with Care
- Legal/Consumer Law with Care
- Advance Care Planning with ACT Health
- Legal assistance with Legal Aid ACT
- Elder Abuse and other police issues with ACT Policing
To find out more or book an appointment contact the COTA ACT office on 02 6282 3777.