Housing Options Advisory Service
How can COTA ACT's Housing Options Advisory Service help me?
COTA ACT's Housing Options Advisory Service can assist older people, and those caring for older people, and need help with any of the following housing issues:
- Navigating MyAgedCare
- Accessing Home Care Packages to help you stay in your own home
- Accessing Residential Aged Care Facilities
- Information on Retirement Villages
- Advice on assistance for carers (including Respite Care options)
- Accessing community support systems for seniors in the ACT
- Accessing government services
- Information on home modifications and / or downsizing to a smaller home
- Information and referral on de-cluttering / helping someone with a hoarding disorder
- Information on accessing appropriate ACT Public Housing and private housing options
Please note: COTA ACT is unable to provide legal or financial advice.
Links for more information
- Retirement Villages or Aged Care? What is the difference?
- Information for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander persons
- Information for people from a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background
- Useful links
COTA ACT's Housing Options Advisory Service is a free service delivered by COTA ACT with funding from the ACT Government and the Australian Government through the National Affordable Housing Agreement.